Listen to this article now
To be able to spot trends may be the difference between building an organization that will thrive and one that will merely (or won’t) survive in the age of rapid change.
Digital Transformation is one of the hottest trends in business and it is driven by two major forces. People and technology, and more importantly the way these two things work together to maximize a businesses ability to deliver excellent customer experiences that are both timely and memorable.
So what are the forces that are driving Digital Transformation?
1. Adaptability is more vital to success than ever
2. Growing importance of the user experience:
3. Innovation must happen rapidly:
4. Embrace the remote workforce:
5. The advent of augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR):
6. Application program interfaces (API):
7. Big data and analytics:
8. Digital transformation is driven by the Internet of Things (IoT)
9. Smart machines and artificial intelligence (AI) are taking off in a big way.
10. Destroying silos.
Last month, I spent some time trying to predict the biggest trends driving the future of digital transformation, specifically over the next 12-18 months. I identified 10 trends that I believe will shape digital transformation in 2017. The following is an overview.
Over the next 10 weeks I will be talking about each of these trends here on the Futurum Insights blog as well as on Facebook and YouTube.
I believe these trends will play a major role in an organizations ability to grow, scale, change and adapt in a time where the only certainty is rapid technology change.
I look forward to digging into these ten trends further. I look forward to having you participate in this important conversation.