Welcome to this edition of “Six Five Insiders” with Daniel Newman, Principal Analyst of Futurum Research and co-host, Patrick Moorhead, President and Principal Analyst of Moor Insights and Strategy.
In this special edition, we kick off our brand new “Insiders” series, where we partner with some of the world’s greatest technology companies and leaders to talk about innovation, digital transformation and emerging technology trends.
In our inaugural episode of “Six Five Insiders” we have Varun Chhabra, The Vice President of Product Marketing for Dell Technologies Cloud as our guest. This show took place just ahead of VMworld 2019 and we are excited to have it out just before and during the event.
To hear everything from this podcast, please download and listen:
However, for those wanting to scan the topics, we have prepared the following show notes to include what we covered in the show and the insights we were able to gain from our guest, Varun.
Overarching trends in Cloud
- The data center v cloud question has been answered. Organizations will need both environments to run well and offer similar experiences.
- Organizations will be in two or more clouds; containers will continue to become more prevalent, stretching the capabilities of many organizations, especially those who are not traditional tech, to leverage these advanced technologies.
- Vendor flexibility will be the key to maximizing value. Dell Technologies Cloud is designed to deliver a consistent experience across clouds.
Dell Technologies’ Perspective on Cloud – Architecting a Customer-centric Cloud Strategy
- Cloud proliferation creates complexity which undermines many of the benefits of cloud.
- A consistent hybrid cloud approach brings simplicity and provides an optimal cloud experience.
Dell Technologies Believes Cloud is an Operating Model, not a Place
- Cloud as a place is a limiting mindset, as it doesn’t extend those benefits to the data center.
- How getting creative in building your private cloud can approximate the values of cloud.
Cloud Native: How can Organizations Effectively Tackle this.
- Most applications are currently virtualized; most existing workloads aren’t containers, but new applications being developed are.
- What’s the right mix? How do you change in an orderly fashion? Dell Technologies offers PKS on VCF.
- The ability to onboard containers and have a common experience with your virtualized environments is key to simplifying this transition.
Centralized IT is More Critical Than Ever Before
- IT must play a leading role in defining cloud strategies to deliver secure and reliable clouds.
With VMware Cloud on Dell EMC Hitting Availability, are we Seeing Cloud go to the Edge?
- As organizations go digital, every aspect of their business becomes an opportunity.
- Latency and data gravity create the need to rethink cloud and extend it to the edge.
- The ability to deliver innovation at the edge will outweigh the costs of implementing it, but support will always be a challenge, which is why a fully managed solution makes a lot of sense.
If you haven’t yet subscribed to the podcast, please do as we will be back each and every week for our regular Six Five podcasts and many more special insider editions are bound to come in the near future.
For Patrick Moorhead and Daniel Newman, we are out of here, take care until next time!
Disclaimer: The Six Five Insiders Podcast is for information and entertainment purposes only. Over the course of this podcast, we may talk about companies that are publicly traded and we may even reference that fact and their equity share price, but please do not take anything that we say as a recommendation about what you should do with your investment dollars. We are not investment advisors and we do not ask that you treat us as such.